What are HP Competitions?
HP Competitions are an important component of the CEC’s High Performance Program. These invitation-only events are designed to create a step between Senior Nationals and International competitions. The primary objectives of HP comps are:
- Present a competition environment that represents the level of international competitions.
- Provide an additional domestic opportunity to earn CNR points.
- Provide a development opportunity (benchmarking) for athletes, staff and other CEC officials.
Who is invited to attend HP Competitions?
Invitations for HP Competitions are according to the criteria and process detailed in High Performance Program document (CEC-HP-01).
2023 HP Competition Schedule
- HP Competition – Boulder / January 28-29, Richmond Olympic Oval, Richmond, BC
- HP Competition – Lead / May 4-5, Richmond Olympic Oval, Richmond, BC
- HP Competition – Speed / Dates and Location TBA